Total Pageviews

Sunday, 28 April 2013

Revision Plan for this week

You're so close to the exams now that it is really even more important that you knuckle down to revision.

This week, focus on opinions - that includes:
  • adjectives which express someone's opinion
    • boring, interesting, exciting, difficult, easy, expensive, busy, useful etc
  • verbs to express opinions
    • I like, I love, I hate, I don't like, I prefer
  • expressing favourites
    • my favourite
  • structures which introduce a point of view
    • I think, I am of the opinion, in my opinion
Think about revising.  How are you doing it?  Is it bringing rewards?  Do you find that you can remember everything, or are you just staring at stuff and then forgetting it?  There is little point trying to just stare at vocabulary.  Use apps, revision guides, linguascope (get the password at school).  Try making some flashcards, posters, using post-it notes etc.  Ask your teacher for more advice if you still struggle after trying loads of things out.  Try evernote peek.

Learning adjectives can be really difficult if you struggle to remember vocabulary out of context.  What trying to learn them in pairs? - opposites are often easy to try and work with.

More advice will come later this week - we will try to help you to structure your revision over these last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment