So, the exam is now tomorrow! Wow, it comes round ever so quickly, doesn't it!
Remember that there are keys to success and you need to make sure that you apply them no matter which language you study. I remind you about the blog entry I wrote about the mark scheme.
Content
Notice that you need to make sure you give more than simple opinions (I like, I hate) if you want to get more than 6/15 in this section. It is in this section that it is probably easier for you to get loads of extra marks. You need to be using 'points of view' in your writing if you want to be able to access more than 7 marks for content - no matter HOW good your writing is. Explain your points of view and try to give loads and loads of information.
Range
Some of you will be able to access the higher band marks, but if you are aiming to get a C grade, make sure you link sentences together (but, because, although, however etc), that you don't always use the same adjectives to describe everything and that you answer the question. Don't always use 'in my opinion' for your point of view phrases, but use 'I think' or 'I believe' as well. The clue is in the word 'range'. A range of flavours for ice-cream would be weak if it only offered vanilla and strawberry - your writing is very similar!
Accuracy
This is pretty self explanatory - the more accurate the work, the higher the mark; however, notice here that you need to have accurately formed verbs for 3 or more marks here.
GO FOR IT AND GOOD LUCK!



No comments:
Post a Comment