Total Pageviews

Sunday, 5 May 2013

Year 9 writing reflections

Last week Year 9 did their first writing examination towards their GCSEs. For some, it was an eye-opening experience which gave students an insight into the challenge that is writing in a foreign language.

After the exam, 9-1 sat down to reflect on what they had done in the exam and their preparations. Students shared their own ideas about how they prepared for the exam and  the strategies that they used. Some found that some strategies were more useful than others.

Here is a sample of some of the Year 9 students’ reflections and some examples of their
work.

•  "At the beginning of Year 9 I wouldn't have been able to write 152 words."
•  "I couldn't remember the small words like 'and'."
•  "Next time I will revise earlier."
•  "I didn't use my 40 words and still managed to write around 250 words."
•  "Learn more vocabulary."
•  "Remember key phrases, not everything!"
•  "Keep it simple."

•  "Don't forget opinions."
•  "Simple, but effective."
•  "Remember the little words, learn them properly."

We now know that next time we do a writing exam what we need to do to ensure we get even better marks! 



No comments:

Post a Comment